Most UW-Madison and academic department scholarships can be used for IAP study abroad programs. Check with the office that coordinates the scholarship to make sure the scholarship can be used for study abroad. Some scholarship programs that can be used for semester or year-long study abroad programs include:
- Chancellor’s Scholars
Other scholarships and grants that can be used for study abroad are:
- Academic Excellence
- Byrd Scholarships
- Mayo Foundation
- Citizens Scholarships
Other Sources for Scholarship Research
- UW-Madison Grants Information Center – Located in the Reference Room on the 2nd floor of the Memorial Library and has materials about all types of funding. Ask reference librarians for help.
- Academic departments may also have scholarships available for study abroad. Consult with your major department, as well as others linked to the study abroad program site.
- Consult with civic, social, or religious institutions for possible scholarships or grants (such as the Rotary Club, Lion’s Club, etc.)
- Check with your parent or guardian’s places of employment for possible funding sources
- General Funding Websites: