- Must be enrolled as a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
- Must be applying to or accepted to an approved UW Study Abroad program.
- Other criteria may apply based on the donors who provide the funding. Criteria can include major, academic achievements, financial need, what program you are applying to, and many other factors.
- Scholarships for virtual programs will be more limited. We encourage you to review scholarships you think you may be eligible for and apply to them.
How to Apply/Deadlines
To apply for the IAP General Study Abroad Scholarship, go to Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH). By submitting a single application through WISH, you will be automatically matched for all of the UW General Study Abroad scholarships available that term if you meet the full eligibility criteria for the scholarship and you do not need to complete separate applications for each one. Note, some scholarships may have additional essays or other steps that will be clearly outlined in WISH.
The IAP General Study Abroad Scholarship typically has the following deadline, regardless of when your program application deadline is:
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year – March 15
- Spring/Calendar Year/Winter Break/Spring Break – October 1
Scholarship awards are highly competitive and applications are carefully reviewed and evaluated by the scholarship committee. A student’s financial need is often part of the awarding decision, so fill out the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA).
Awardees will be notified by email if you have received a scholarship from IAP. Notifications are typically sent within 3-4 weeks after the deadline. Alternate awards may become available due to various factors. If you receive an alternate award, you will be notified by email.