Study Abroad Advising

Exploration advising can help students who want to:

  • Learn more about program options
  • Narrow down program options
  • Apply for programs
  • Understand the study abroad process

Masks are not required per current campus and local guidance, but masks are ALWAYS welcome.

If you are not feeling well, please re-schedule or switch to a virtual appointment, even with short notice.

Advising appointments

Monday-Friday, appointment only, check Starfish for the available timeslots each day.
In person, Zoom, or Phone

Schedule an appointment

Have a question about a study abroad program or your application?

Email or call us 608-265-6329.
We are available during our regular business hours Monday – Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM.

**Winter Break Hours**
The Red Gym building is closed December 23, December 26 and January 2.
The Study Abroad Resource Center Desk is closed to drop-in traffic between January 3-13.

We will continue to monitor phone messages and emails during this time.

Don’t want to wait for advising? 

Check out our Introduction to Study Abroad Canvas course for answers to common study abroad questions.

If you have more in-depth questions after your exploration advising session, you may schedule an appointment through Starfish.

Application or Course Equivalent Request (CER) Appointments can cover the following topics:

  • Application advising (online application, program-specific forms, etc.)
  • Program eligibility (including GPA and language requirements)
  • Course Equivalency Request (CER) process
  • Grade processing and transcripts

Find your Enrollment Specialist Advisor

Study Abroad Advising Appointments can cover the following topics:

Find your Study Abroad Advisor

Drop-in Advising

Funding Info Sessions

Did you know you may be able to apply your
financial aid towards a study abroad experience?
Bring your questions to a drop-in advising session
with Heidi Johnson from the Office of Student Financial Aid.

  • Thursday, September 29  | 12-2 p.m. CT
  • Thursday, October 13 | 12-2 p.m. CT
  • Thursday, November 10 | 12-2 p.m. CT
  • Thursday, December 8  | 12-2 p.m. CT
No appointment necessary.
All drop-in advising is in the Study Abroad Resource Center
(3rd Floor Red Gym).
Take a deep dive into how to fund your study abroad program!
These sessions will cover how to determine the cost of your
program, using financial aid, scholarships, budgeting and creating
fundraising strategies, and more.

  • Thursday, September 1 | 34 p.m. CT | 3rd Floor Red Gym
  • Wednesday, September 14 | 12 p.m. CT | 3rd Floor Red Gym
  • Friday, September 30  |  11 a.m.-12 p.m. CT  |  Register on Zoom
  • Thursday, October 20  |  12 p.m. CT  |  3rd Floor Red Gym
  • Monday, October 31  |  23 p.m. CT  |  Register on Zoom
  • Friday, November 18  |  11 a.m.-12 p.m. CT  |  Register on Zoom
  • Friday, December 2  |  11 a.m.-12 p.m. CT  |  Register on Zoom


Business Majors
Thursday, September 15 | 34 p.m. CT | 4151 Grainger Hall

Engineering Majors
Friday, September 16  |  3:15-4:15 p.m. CT  |  Register on Zoom

CALS Majors
Monday, September 19  |  23 p.m. CT  |  BioCommons, Steenbock Library

View All Study Abroad Funding Events