The Red Gym building is closed to the public until further notice. Application materials must be mailed to:
International Academic Programs
Attn: [Program Title] – Please use the program title found on the program web page
301 Red Gym
716 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53706
Selection criteria for a program starts by evaluating if you meet the minimum eligibility requirements for the program. Additionally, some programs are competitive, due to enrollment limits. In the case of competitive programs, additional criteria used for selection may include:
- Demonstrated academic preparedness, curiosity, personal maturity as conveyed and articulated through your application materials, such as essays, past academic performance, and in-person interviews.
- Academic major preference given to students from specific colleges, schools, or academic majors as noted on the program web page.
- Seniority in student standing, i.e. First Year, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate.
- Overall and course specific GPA ranking.
- Preference given to students who have not previously participated on the program.
Acceptance decisions are typically made within 4-6 weeks after the program application deadline. After notification of acceptance, you get access to an online account called MyStudyAbroad. Go into each section of MyStudyAbroad to find next steps and further information on your program.
After notification of acceptance, you generally have 2 weeks to confirm or decline your intention to participate. In addition to declaring this intention in your MyStudyAbroad account you must also,
- Submit a non-refundable deposit to IAP – see the program cost sheet for the amount of this deposit.
- Complete a Statement of Responsibility Form.
- Submit Health & Wellness information.
Depending on your program, a partner or host institution may require you to confirm your participation with them as well and provide information on this to you, possibly in their own online portal.
Rolling Acceptance Decisions
Some programs have a rolling acceptance decision schedule. Rolling acceptance decisions are done prior to the final posted application deadline. If a program has rolling acceptances it will be noted on the program web page together with the program application deadline.
Programs that have rolling acceptance decisions often have enrollment limits. These limits may be reached prior to the posted application deadline. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible prior to the deadline for these programs.